- Senior Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Thermofisher Scientific
- Computer Vision Engineer
- Fullstack Software Engineer
- EU-funded Researcher
- C.E.I.D. Data Science Lab
- V.V.R. Visualization & Virtual Reality Group
- C.E.I.D. @UoP | Greece
- BSc in Computer Science | MSc in Data Science
- Singularity University
- Team Leader - Production Team
- Strengths & Interests
OpenAi's GPT-3 summarization
I have over 8 years of experience in data science and AI and have worked or collaborated with some of the biggest companies in the world, such as Amazon, Google, and Thermo Fisher Scientific. I have contributed to multiple research fields while being a research associate at the University of Patras. I’ve created & curated multiple team setups in startups from the seed to the acquisition phase. I am currently a senior data scientist at Glassnode.
- Python for 10+ years
- SQL, SparkQL & BigQuery
- Deep learning stack design
- Data pipeline design
- Blockchain archaeology
- Scale-up & culture curation
Senior Data Scientist
- Translation of recent ML/AI advancements in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Deep learning research on event discovery objectives.
- Multi-purpose metric & index development.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Curation and expansion of machine learning pipelines.
- Experimentation with modern model architectures, focusing on interpretability, reusability, the KPI goals, and end-product performance.
- Implementation of novel research advancements in a production environment.
Tech used: Python | Tensorflow | Django | Elixir
Computer Vision Engineer
Complex lab procedure automation on Scanning Electron Microscopes with Machine learning & Computer Vision.
- Conducted research on improving hardware accuracy through Machine Learning & Data Science.
- Created a hybrid particle tracking method that is still used to smash the competition.
- Project design, supervision, and client communication.
Fullstack Software Engineer
- Designed & created solutions with multiple entities such as the European Space Agency, crime investigation departments, etc.
- Worked at the core of a product that enabled million-dollar scale improvements in the sales margin.
I was selected to participate as an associate researcher in two labs at my university based on the then-recent success of my thesis publication.
C.E.I.D. Data Science Lab
- Data Democratization by lowering the computation cost.
- Helped instrument novel tools and methods in community detection achieving exponential speedups in real-world datasets.
Tech Used: Python | PySpark | Tensorflow
V.V.R. Visualization & Virtual Reality Group
Asthma monitoring system - EU-funded project.
- Designed and implemented a LSTM-backed predictive engine.
- Improved drug administration efficiency.
Related work published in IEEE - BIBE 2019
Tech Used: Python | Tensorflow | LSTMs
C.E.I.D. @UoP | Greece
BSc in Computer Science | MSc in Data Science
- Signal Processing
- Deep Learning
- Project management
- Advanced-Data Structures
- Geometric Computation
- Genetic programming
- Machine Learning
Thesis: Distributed Community Prediction for Social Graphs based on Louvain algorithm.
Optimization of NP-hard class community detection algorithms through Machine Learning, in real-world
Generated applicable cross-industry impact in graph driven computations.
Springer - AIAI 2019 | Distributed Community Prediction for Social Graphs based on the Louvain algorithm
IEEE - BIBE 2019 | Recognition of Breathing Activity and Medication Adherence using LSTM Neural Networks
Journal Applied System Innovation (ISSN 2571-5577) | An IOTA based Distributed Sensor Node System
Team Leader - Production Team
- Ensured the smooth flow of the talks and workshops in the event's stages.
- Coordinated the volunteers & managed/resolved any critical situation.
AmazonIssued Oct 2019 · No Expiration DateIssued Oct 2019 · No Expiration Date AWS Innovate Machine Learning & AI EditionAWS Innovate Machine Learning & AI Edition
Strengths & Interests
- Successful team lead & coordinator of multiple teams.
- Skilled in presentation & public speaking.
- Industry tested curiosity and “out of the box” thinking.
- Fast adaptation, Problem-solving,
- Initiative,“Out of the box” thinking,
- HighTech Industry experience
- Snowboarding, Kite surfing, Crossfit, Traditional kung-fu, Photography